For a school project on Physics and VFX i decided to make an engine and animate it using Physics and also try to make it mechanically correct, since I have a mechanical background, I know exactly how an engine work and I thought it would be a perfect project for me to implement that into this module so i can use that knowledge and create a perfectly working engine!
However, this sounds way easier than done. I managed to make a mechanically correct working engine alright. But it wasn’t easy at all.
I confronted a shit load of problems and had to correct a lot of constrains/links and parts in this project. I even started over for 2 times to cancel out all the flaws I made in the previous project files. In the end I managed to get it to work with the hel p of Expressions, Wire parameters and the MCG controller in 3DS Max.
Enjoy and let me know if there are questions and/or remarks.
Remon Jan Ploeg